Mike’s background includes, while working for the Insurance Services Office, Inc. (“ISO”), the prime author of the Personal Auto Policy, the start of the Commercial Property Simplification effort, the prime author of the Claims-Made and Occurrence versions of the CGL policy, and writing the pollution, asbestos, punitive damage and other exclusions for liability coverages. Mike was responsible for the implementation of the entire ISO Commercial Simplification Program.
Mike’s work includes, but is not limited to:
- Analyze, review, and develop policy forms and endorsements for company specific programs, for example, Cyber Liability, Pollution, and Non-Standard Auto.
- Research and review competitor programs and make recommendations for changes.
- Develop new personal, commercial, and specialty lines products (rates, rules, policy forms, and endorsements).
- Tailor Programs to allow rating and coverage flexibility for a program or for a specific risk.
- Use service organization forms, where possible, to reduce compliance costs.
- Provide guidance on underwriting and auditing guidelines.